Does anyone have suggestions for reliable retail sources for US buyers of Montane clothing?
Topic
Montane retailer for US buyers??
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
…
I’ve had several good dealings with agoraphilia on ebay. Very fair prices and postage costs. They don’t have the full montane range, but if they have what you are after they are worth a look..
I'll second agoraphilia. I just bought a wind shirt from them and shipping was only about $5 from the UK. Very reasonable and very helpful customer service. I had questions about sizing and he helped me picked the exact size I needed for my height and weight for the featherlight velo.
In fact if you want to try mine on since you are in the Mpls area, you are more than welcome. If I remember right, you have some height to you like I do…
I remember reading an article here a while ago mentioning that http://www.backcountry.com was going to start carrying Montane sometime this Spring.
edit: Lightweight Rainwear 2008: Current Favorites, New Introductions, and New Technologies (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2008)
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/orsm08_rainwear_favorites_2008.html
I emailed and asked about US dealers. Here's the answer.
"Unfortunately as this present time we do not have a distributor in the US so the only way to get our products is online though a UK dealer.
I can suggest http://www.outdoorgb.com
I can confirm that we are working with a distributor in the US for the Summer season coming up."
I would also recommend Jackson Sport as a source. I just bought a pair of Buffalo Mitts from them and the price was reasonable and the mailing cost was about the same as buying from a US dealer.
I used to carry Montane with Prolite, I know backcountry should have their products this spring though.
Become a member to post in the forums.

