Topic

Ive got stubby legs… who makes pants for people who look taller sitting down?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ive got stubby legs… who makes pants for people who look taller sitting down?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    james w glenn
    Spectator

@bark-eater

Ive been looking for a pair of dryskin pants with a 40 waist and 30 inseam or maby pants without ankle zips that i can shorten.. thanks

Anonymous

Check out http://www.beyondfleece.com/
    They do custom fit clothing.

Anonymous

Try REI. Most of their house brand clothing is available in a 30″ inseam.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

I also have a short inseam, I have a couple of pairs of knickers that work pretty well. For any brits out there I mean the pant leg is meant to hit mid shin bone.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

And shirts with longer tails for long torsos. It’s not easy finding clothing when you are outside the bell curve. I think the sizing folk toss chicken bones to make decisions.

I’ve had better luck finding pants with drawstring or elastic cuffs to keep from dragging them in the mud. Mont-Bell has some stretch gaiters that have helped too.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

I can’t recommend any pants in particular, but hemming the cuffs is a pretty easy job. There’s surely someone in your area that could do it for whatever you buy.
    -Mark

Anonymous

Keep in mind hemming may involve the removal of elastic drawcord cuff closure, or a task just a bit larger than hemming in order to keep the drawcord cuff closure. Also, if the pant legs have zippers, this complicates the matter somewhat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools