Topic

using ziplock to carry water

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedFeb 20, 2009 at 7:22 pm

I was checking ziplock site and found "big bags".

-Pleated bottom & new Double Zipper Seal
-Flexible, heavy-duty plastic
-Convenient built-in handles

Come in 3 sizes: L, XL, XXL

I think L size -15" x 15" would be great lighter and cheaper alternate to platy water tanks to carry water.

If anyone has extra or planning to buy (L size comes in pack of 5) let me know. I would love to get my hands on one. I will pay for the bag and shipping.

Jim W. BPL Member
PostedFeb 20, 2009 at 7:56 pm

I've used the XL or XXL for marinating 15 pound turkeys. They are quite sturdy but I wouldn't trust them for carrying in a pack. They might be okay from the nearest water source to camp, especially inside a carry bag that would take the strain off the handles.

They're sold more for clothing storage and the like- in fact all my winter woolens spent the summer in them, protected by moth balls.

PostedFeb 20, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Thanks Huzefa
I am building up a data base for Backyard Only camping ideas.
I have added this to the balloon bed, emergency blanket groundcloth , 2 oz wood burning stove and the aluminium foil folding pot..
Actually it is a lot longer than that but I don't want to give all my secrets away.
Franco

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...