Topic

Tarp Tents UV Durability

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedFeb 20, 2009 at 9:36 am

In general, how well will tarp tents (no particular brand) stand up to UV exposure for a couple of days at a time? I think most you put your TT's up in the evenings and take down in the morn to help minimize UV. My style is going to be more car/base camping where the tent can be up days at a time. Leisurely day hikes is about all my bod can take.

B.Gin

Ross Bleakney BPL Member
PostedFeb 20, 2009 at 9:40 am

I tend to be more of a base camp type of backpacker. My tarp tent has handled the sun just fine (but I haven't used in more than a dozen or two times). I haven't heard any issues about silnylon and UV (the main material used in tarptents).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...