Topic

sale???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals sale???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Don (Biloxi) Carter

@donjuan70

Locale: Red Neck Riviera

hey guys,I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THIS LAST BUT AT 6PM.COM they had 43% off their icebreaker stuff and some killer deals on golite shoes…the golite deal is crazy cheap..check em out

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .
    Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Locale: Richmond, Virginia

could someone tell me if they run wide or not? i have a 2E (in NB) foot so sometimes regular widths work and sometimes not. Comments?

do they run large or small? I see the sizes are 12/12.5 and 13/13.5 and i'm stuck on which to choose.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I don't know about the fit, but I do know my son burned thru both layers of sole on the trail claws on a brand new pair of Sun Dragons, on one 9 mile hike up Guadelupe Peak in Guadelupe NP. YMMV.

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

I'm not sure if I would even pay the shipping cost for a free pair of Golite shoes.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

I have the 10/10.5 which is my normal size. I have a 4E foot and they fit perfectly with the widest insert (they have adjustable inserts). I have about 30 trail miles and a mile or so on the road on mine with no visibile signs of wear (same for my GF). This applies to the Sun Drag II which isn't in the sale. I would assume the sizing is similar across the line but I don't know about longevitiy.

Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Locale: Richmond, Virginia

thanks guys!

Chris, that is exactly what i was looking for. I guess i'll hold off. They don't seem to be very durable.

Oh well. Back to my NB 908's

– Dana

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Maybe I got a lemon, and for $20, I am really, really tempted. Must resist though, losing job. Anyway, here are my son's after 9 miles, in rocky Guadelupe National Park. YMMV.
    Golite shoe wear

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

The original Sun Dragon did have wear issues. It seems to be fixed in the newer model though.

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

I have tried on several pairs at the Whole Earth in Dallas, they are just to wide for my feet. I would love to give them a try but they fit like wides in any other brand. The pairs I tried came with 2 insoles to make up for width and length fit problems. To gimicky for me.

Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

I've put a few miles on my Sun Dragon II's, and so far, so good. Though I did a nice job of melting the front rubber by putting it too close to the fire.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

I'm such a hypocrite. Ordered 3 pairs. Let my son pick the ones he wanted, then ran some errands before ordering, and they were gone! Too many forums posting good sales!

brian blair

@donkey

Locale: Silverado Canyon

I ordered 3 pairs……I'm anxious to check them out. I've been doing alot of running lately and wearing out shoes like crazy! We'll see how these handle the wear.

Thanks for the headsup.

B

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools