First off I just wanted to say hello, and thank you to those that have added greatly to my outdoors enjoyment through the wealth of knowledge and shared ideas/experiences that occurs on these forums. I have been a "lurker" for sometime now, but finally have an idea that I have not read about previously that is dragging me off of the sidelines.
I have never used a Paramo system, as they are not readily marketed or available in the US. The high praise the system receives here, however, has peaked my interest. My specific thought is to pair a custom liner system, such as the one Red Yeti had Cioch build, with a shell of lightweight wool from King of the Mountain. The reasons I am interested in wool are due to its ability to not need reproofing (as this would be near impossible on long trips), as well as the natural aspect. The King of the Mountain wool in particular is of interest, as their current lightweight is touted as 11oz. per yard, and the design is such that it is woven to maximize water resistance.
This system would see use in SE Alaska, in heavy sustained rain. This reason has me not looking at the Hilltrek Ventile w/ Analogy liner, as I just can't imagine the cotton would remain that pliable in such conditions.
I know this doesn't really fall into the realm of lightweight, but I have chosen what I believe is the lightest wool as possible and the arguement for Paramo's weight always falls onto its reduction in additional carried items.
As stated this is just in the theory stage at this point, but I welcome thoughts and/or the remote chance that someone has actually tried this and has real world results. Thanks in advance for any comments.

