Topic

Granite Gear Vapor Day Pack

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedFeb 17, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Does anyone have first-hand experience with the Granite Gear Vapor Day Pack?

I'm considering it for my dayhiking use, not overnights. The Vapor suspension is a known, positive feature and the size, etc. seem about right for "well-geared" dayhiking.

I've used a Dana Designs Bomb Pack (yeah, I know, overkill!) for about 12 years now in all seasons and conditions, but its time to update and move on. The fit and quality are great, but I have NEVER used all the volume in the Bomb Pack, though some winter day-long outings came close.

Dave . BPL Member
PostedFeb 18, 2009 at 6:33 am

I use the Vapor Day and like it a lot.

Do you have any specific questions?

If you're used to the Vapor Trail, you know what to expect.

PostedFeb 18, 2009 at 8:24 am

I saw the review and have been eyeing the pack in the local outdoor retailer.

I have no specific questions, really, but I'm especially interested in any shortcomings or "if only" observations. As an example, the Vapor Day has created pass-through slots in the side pocket stretch mesh that resolved an "if only they had…" wish for the Vapor Trail pack mesh side pockets.

If any forum members have favorite day packs in the 2,000-2,400 cu. in. range that would offer adequate sizing for tall folks, I'd welcome suggestions for consideration.

PostedFeb 18, 2009 at 10:05 am

I don't have any specific recommendations, but Granite Gear and Black Diamond are the only companies that I know of that offer multiple sizes in their daypacks.

I have given up finding the absolute perfect piece of gear. I try to buy Granite Gear when I can to support local business. I just picked up a White Lightning tarp. It is heavier than I wanted, but the other features / benefits were more important to me than the weight.

The spotlite review was pretty positive, without any major cons listed. If the Granite Gear Vapor Day meets most of your criteria and fits, go for it.

Matti

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...