Topic

Go-lite Reeds letting in water after about 1.5 hours.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Go-lite Reeds letting in water after about 1.5 hours.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

I recently tried out my Go-lite reeds for the first time. They worked excellently for about 1.5 hours of heavy rain and then started to let in water, resulting in my trouser being fairly soaked after about 3-4 hours. Is this about the performance I can expect from them?

The pants are about four years old, but this is the first time they have been used and the DWR was working well. The weather was fairly warm, so I am sure condensation was an issue, but I don't think it would account for how wet I got.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Anyone please? Thanks.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Did the fabric surface "wet out"? If not, then you probably have a leakage problem.

If it did wet out then there's a good chance it was from perspiration, because once it wets out the fabric will not breathe at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools