Topic

Preparing for 2009 Camp Easton

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Preparing for 2009 Camp Easton

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Unknown abc

@edude

I am getting together a list for y'all to grade for a week trip to easton.

My gear list will probobly be done in about an hour, then I will send you a pdf link for it.

I've got a question, which scent of Dr. Bronners do you all like best?

-Evan

Unknown abc

@edude

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention I'm not all that concerned about going completely UL.

Food, Water, bathrooms(and showers,hehe) and Shelter are provided.

Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

Bears love the peppermint ;)

Unknown abc

@edude

here goes nuttin'!
    check out my profile with the new easton list.

cheers

Joe Westing

@pedro87

What kind of camp is this? Is it a high adventure camp where you will be backpacking the whole time, more of a tent camping place, or a combination of both?

Unknown abc

@edude

more of car-camping. 2 person canvas tents are provided. It wil be in july.

cheers

Joe Westing

@pedro87

Just a few comments:

Since, it is a car-camping place you COULD definitely take more luxuries. However, I totally understand you wanting to try out some UL gear and techniques. It is actually a pretty good opportunity to go light without risking your safety. The first aid cabin is never far away :P

I assume the Camelback Viper is for day hikes and such. If you already are bringing the daypack, what are you going to use the Ion for? I find it easier at Boy Scout camp to just pack everything up in duffels (which you already have in your list) and just bring a daypack for carrying stuff around camp and on day hikes.

You might want to bring a watch. At my council's scout camp in the Adirondacks (it's called Sabattis), there is a schedule of activities/classes and a watch is very necessary.

I don't know how cold it gets at night in Idaho but I would probably recommend a jacket of some sort, whether it be fleece, synthetic, or down. For a car-camping place, I would think a cheap fleece jacket would be the best choice since weight isn't critical.

Also, I don't know how hot is gets, but a pair of shorts might be nice? I guess I'm biased because I LOVE shorts.

At Camp Easton, do you have a dining hall or do you cook your own food? If you have to cook your own, you might need utensils and a bowl/plate?

Finally, don't forget to bring a water bottle of some kind.

Overall, looks like a pretty good list. Good luck and have fun!

Unknown abc

@edude

Yep, and I'm not interseted in much more than that. perhaps a sit pad.

"I assume the Camelback Viper is for day hikes and such."

Yep. Maybe I don't need the Ion

"You might want to bring a watch."

I am always wearing mine so I totally forget to put it in gearlists.

The fleece jacket is more than adequate.

I HATE shorts and zipoffs. The only shorts I'll be taking are the swim trunks. I find the nylon pants pretty cool, even when it's hot out.

No need to bring dishes, there's a dining hall.

"Finally, don't forget to bring a water bottle of some kind."

thats my camelbak

Thanks!

Joe Westing

@pedro87

Sorry about the fleece jacket recommendation. I somehow didn't see it when I was looking over your list.

Unknown abc

@edude

thats ok, Peter.

bump-itey-bump!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools