Topic

Help choosing pack

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedFeb 14, 2009 at 10:11 am

Any suggestions? 52 year old male, hiking western half of Colorado Trail this summer. Haven't backpacked since 9th grade, but hike frequently. 190 pounds, 5'10". Want to go light. Looking for well made, light pack, that won't break the bank. Live in Denver area. Thanks!!!

PostedFeb 14, 2009 at 10:55 am

Having just purchased a ULA Ohm for the same type of hiking on the CT, it might interest you if the gear you have is lightweight and compact. For something a bit bigger check out the ULA Circuit.

The ULA Conduit is my go-to pack, but I wanted the Ohm for those longer stretches between re-supplies on the CT and other trails.

D LARSON BPL Member
PostedFeb 14, 2009 at 2:13 pm

I have to agree with John. Have a look at the ULA packs.
I have a ULA Conduit and it’s a great lightweight pack.
ULA Equipment

PostedFeb 14, 2009 at 3:53 pm

If you'd like to try the pack on first, you might have an easiest time finding packs by Golite and Granite Gear. But if you want a pack that's more durable than most other lightweights, I'd go with ULA.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...