Topic

2005 Backpacking Light Staff Picks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 2005 Backpacking Light Staff Picks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Companion forum thread to:

2005 Backpacking Light Staff Picks

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

The “do it yourself” editor doesn’t post some homemade stuff among his favorites?

My favorites for 2005
    1) MLD Prophet 25 ultralight pack—state of the art for it’s niche. It’s additions (sternum strap, self draining pocket) make it more versatile than it’s competition.
    2) Nunatak Arc anything—the best quilt/topbags
    available, can be made virtually any way you want it for any size individual—the beauty of bespoke sleeping bags.
    3)Montrail CTC—think of a Masai w/ sticky rubber. A great off-trail trailrunner. Dance over those talus blocks, skate over that scree. Jam your way up that 5.3 exit crack.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Hmm…
    -GoLite Jam pack. Made my list for 2004, and stayed up there this year, whittled down to a pound and change. Can’t imagine not having it around.
    -Inov8 Flyroc 310 shoes. It took a while to get used to, but I’ve really grown to like the flexibility and aggressive sole. Keeps me footloose and fancy-free, very fun to wear.
    -Gossamer Gear Lightrek Plus poles. Slim, light, and respectably durable.

-Mark

Linda Voll

@mataharihiker

Locale: NW Wisconsin
    Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

– RAB VR Trail Smock ; hiked in it, climbed in it, slept in it..just love it. One of those rare pieces of gear that always works great. Best hood ever.
    – Cassin Ghost, alum. ice axe ; light and right..saved my trip (and my life) on early season Haute Route snow slope crossings.
    -GoLite Jam ; my lightweight do it all pack

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools