Topic

Down fill

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Down fill

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Paul Reid

@reid

Locale: SouthEast

I'm trying to get a good idea the differences 550 to say 850 down will "fill" the space. I've seen 40 bags in both that seem to vary on fill. I'm trying to do some cost benefit analysis here I think. At the price of about 9 bucks an oz. of 850 I could pull of a 10 oz summer bag for just above the hundred mark. Or the 600 at a few bucks less but needs a few ounces more. How safe is that assumption? Im also curious about the baffel systems. I like the down to be able to be moved from top to bottom. Does that even have a baffel? Where can you buy down in bulk too say around 5 lbs?

Bless ya!

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Look here

John Paul Reid

@reid

Locale: SouthEast

Thanks, I'm not in the "we've already talked about this" crowd yet I just joined. Good link though I ordered the seven wonders down. I'm watching the threads like a hawk though just can't figure out how to get the most out of the search engine. Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools