I've been trying to SLOWLY get some very lightweight gear together. My next two buys are going to be a pack and a tarp. Before I do, I wanted to pick the brains of some of the SUL hikers around here.
I am currently looking at the SMD Gatewood Cape for the tarp. I realize that it isn't the lightest option, but it will do multi-duties as rain gear, a pack cover, and shelter. In my thinking, this will eliminate enough weight to make up for the "heaviness" of this poncho/tarp.
The pack I'm looking at is the GG Murmur (might try to find a GG Whisper). My only concern here is durability. Anybody have experience with this pack. I'm pretty sold on the GG line of packs, and this is the closest thing to the Whisper. I had no idea they were stopping production completely until they were all gone.
Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated. Also, if there is something better out there,that would be similar to these pieces of gear, please let me know. Due to money, I'm not really considering Cuban Fabric products right now, but this may change. Thanks all!

