Topic

Sierra Nevada – spain

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Sierra Nevada – spain

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

sierra nevada

The sunset really did look that colour, just for a minute. One of the most amazing moments of my backpacking life. In the Background is Mulhacen, the highest mountain in southern spain at a little over 3,500m or ~11,300 feet. It was windy and I found rocks to hold the tent down. yes, those are my spare undies drying on the guyline. Next day I climbed to the top of Pico Valetta at 3490m.

Peter Atkinson
    BPL Member

@peterbob

Locale: Yorkshire, England

amazing colours!

Rog Tallbloke
    BPL Member

@tallbloke

Locale: DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

It was amazingly clear. Mulhacen looks like it's just a stroll away, it's a good 7 miles and 3,500 above the tent.
    The sun dipped under the cloud at the horizon, and wham, blood red lighting. You can see how sharp the shadow line of the opposing mountain is across the front of the tent and onto the massif.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools