Topic

BC tunes

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedFeb 11, 2009 at 8:37 pm

Just curious if you ever bring musical insruments backpacking with you. My ukulele weighs about a pound and my native flute only a few ounces. I dont always bring them but I love to climb a hill and sing to the wind. I think thats how I got my girl. ali

PostedFeb 11, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I have carried one of those cheap, plastic recorders on a hike to mess around with. If I had a uke or a mandolin those would make it into my pack for those short hike, long camp kinda trips with friends.

For the most part however I am content with the tunes in my head. I actually get alot more creative ideas on the trail when I have been away from music for a few days (unlike in town where most of my "ideas" seem to resemble what I have been listening to.) My music theory and aural skills are pretty solid so I almost always know how the sounds in my head translate to paper. (Except for some of those atonal ideas. . . Dont ever start listing to jazz, it will make you crazy)

Dana S BPL Member
PostedFeb 12, 2009 at 6:35 am

I've taken my Hohner Special 20 on solo trips before. Oddly I've never weighed it, but I suspect that's b/c it's taken on a whim. Amazon says it's around 8oz. I just put it in my pocket.

I'm no pro but it's fun to play over a sunset :)

Bill Reynolds BPL Member
PostedFeb 12, 2009 at 7:26 am

I have been known to take my Martin Backpacker with me and other small guitars from time to time. I hope to do a thru hike of the AT in 2010 and I've been searching for a lighter option to take with me. The Backpacker weighs around 2lbs, ugh..so I would like to find something around 16 oz. Even that is alot of weight but I just can't imagine going 6 months without playing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...