Topic

“Look for Me in the Mountains”

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support “Look for Me in the Mountains”

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

All I can say is Thank You! Now I don't have to listen to pieces of old podcasts just to hear bits of the song, instead I can listen to it anytime!

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

You're welcome, Jared.

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

You beat me to creating this thread, Jared! I think I was going to use almost your exact wording… weird.

Anyway, thanks BPL! Am I correct in assuming that this was also a commissioned work (like the print)? The lyrics could only have been written or inspired by someone with a true love for hiking.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Yes, the song was commissioned. Note when at the product page that Ryan helped compose the lyrics for the song. Chris Cunningham, the main artist on the piece is in one of Bozeman's best bands, of which Ryan has been a fan for many years.

Storyhill has a number of songs relating to the Greater Yellowstone ecosystem where BPL headquarters is located. They hold an annual festival over the 4th of July in Hyalite Canyon provides quick and easy access to the mountains surrounding Bozeman – something the population here absolutely eats up.

If you enjoy Look for me in the Mountains you'll also like the music of Storyhill. Check out their albums on their Web site or the three free live recordings on archive.org.

Dave T

@davet

in case you want an alternative to this, for those long climbs in the mountains with your ipod, i suggest:

[audio src="http://theglitchmob.com/mp3/The_Glitch_Mob-Crush_Mode.mp3" /]

Sheldon McElhiney
    BPL Member

@mcelhineysc

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Old age and hearing loss are doing a number on me. Does anyone know the missing line in the verse below?

You can’t buy this kind of beauty
    It’s a gift everyday
    ??????????????
    Take my breath away.

Joe Westing

@pedro87

I believe the line is "the bright alpenglow mornings."

Sheldon McElhiney
    BPL Member

@mcelhineysc

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Peter,

I believe you are exactly correct. Thank you very much.

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

I also want to say thanks. Great song.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

You're very welcome.

Michael Billingslea
    BPL Member

@mikelite

I’m missing something.  Per Jared’s opening comment, where are we able to download this tune?  Thanks

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

You might have missed the dates – Jared’s post was more than 11 years ago.  I don’t think the link to the download survived the website upgrade.

Michael Billingslea
    BPL Member

@mikelite

Thanks, Kevin.  Is there no current link?  The song does not appear on StoryHill website.

Michael Billingslea
    BPL Member

@mikelite

Older ears…
    What are the words in the last stanza?
    “Just miles of wild raw land ???? my back pack.”

Thanks!

Alex V
    BPL Member

@valleyjo

Locale: North Cascades

I was not able to find the song on Spotify either. Looks like part of it is at the end of this YouTube video at 33:56 (https://youtu.be/4M-PR-HqR7Y). Anyone know where / if the full version is available?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

The song was given away for free many years ago, so lots of people have it on their hard drives.

Robert R
    BPL Member

@itsabreezemcsafetygmail-com

Anyone able to find a complete copy?

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Stay tuned, we’ll be sending the MP3 next week to all members and Trail Days attendees!

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Nice!

Jeffrey H
    BPL Member

@jeffers

I always thought that was a John Denver deep track until now 😆.  Never really listened to him since it was way before my time. I just thought it sounded so similar.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools