Topic

Ursack SIBBG Status

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Chris Morgan BPL Member
PostedFeb 11, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you all know – I emailed Tom at Ursack today about the status for the Ursack in the 2009 season. He says they have a meeting with SIBBG on 02/27 to discuss. I am not getting my hopes up, but I wanted put something up before people go buy a can. He says he will post something on the website after the meeting.

Chris

Jonathan Ryan BPL Member
PostedFeb 11, 2009 at 1:13 pm

nice, I am def crossing my fingers. Doing the JMT in August and would love to not carry a canister….

PostedFeb 11, 2009 at 1:19 pm

just a guess, but i'd say that they won't be allowed!

Tim Cheek BPL Member
PostedFeb 11, 2009 at 6:20 pm

Dave,

Do you think the Sierra High Route was easier or more difficult in the snow?

Klas Eklof BPL Member
PostedFeb 11, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Now that this thread is totally hijacked, I'm rolling with it…
I can't ever seem to resist posting photos to compare my pictures with Dave T's.
Here's a dry year.
To keep somewhat on topic, I carried an Ursack w/ liner, it worked. I've since stopped using the liner.

seven gables

– Klas

Chris Morgan BPL Member
PostedMar 6, 2009 at 4:05 pm

"March 5, 2009
There has been some movement in Ursack's lawsuit against federal officials. The parties and their lawyers met in San Francisco on February 27, 2009. Some progress was made, but at this time there is no determination if Ursack will be approved for use in Yosemite National Park, Sequoia and King's Canyon National Parks, or Inyo National Forest in 2009. All parties are continuing to work toward a prompt resolution."

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedMar 6, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Doesn't sound like much progress at all… methinks we'll see a Guantanamo resolution sooner…

In the meantime, my Ursack/liner are both enjoying early retirement inside my gear closet.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Loading...