Topic

MSR Nano

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
PostedFeb 10, 2009 at 5:25 am

MSR had issue a new class of ultra lite towels; the Nano.

http://www.msrgear.com/camptowels/nano.asp

Small
Weight: 0.4 oz/14 g
Size: 16 in x 17 in / 41cm x 43 cm
Colors: Blue

Medium
Weight: 0.9 oz/21 g
Size: 18 in x 23 in / 46cm x 58 cm
Colors: Blue

It's lighter than the Ultralite series (i.e. the Nano medium wheigths the same as the Ultralite small)

PostedFeb 10, 2009 at 5:55 am

This material doesn't wet out very easily. For instance, when used to wipe down the inside of a tent it behaves more like a squeegee than a sponge.

A bandana works better, and dries faster, IMHO.

PostedFeb 10, 2009 at 11:17 am

How long are the handi wipes lasting for you guys? And for the amount of time they are lasting, what do you use them for and how often?

PostedFeb 10, 2009 at 9:27 pm

I don't find handi-wipes very durable. I use them in my kitchen set to wipe the pot clean and to cushion my little Esbit stove and lighter and keep them from rattling around. About 3 weekend uses is about it for me, and that's washing them out at home by hand.

I've torn large holes in one washing dishes while car camping, and based on the flimsiness I don't believe I would like them for body washing.

I haven't really tried wiping down a tent with them.

PostedFeb 10, 2009 at 9:40 pm

That sounds ok to me. Those things are cheap so 3 weekend uses are plenty. As long as they can last a 3 to 5 day trip when using them to dry my mug after boiling water, use as a paper towel while eating, dry tent in morning, dry mouth after brushing teeth. None of those activities put too much stress on anything.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...