Jason – here are my specs for the little Red Bull stove above:
– 1.5″ tall
– 0.3 oz for the stove
– .7 oz for the windscreen
When I tested it, it took 2/3 of an ounce to boil 16 oz of 55 degree cold tap water, but would boil 16 oz of room temperature water on only .5 oz. The cold water took 4 minutes and 15 seconds to boil. I believe it ran for just over 6 minutes on that much alcohol. That was with the windscreen and my snow peak mug, but was also in my basement. I haven’t tested it since, I’ve only used it. I have a scratch mark at 2/3 of an ounce that I always fill it to for 16 oz of water, and it always boils.
The instructions I made it from are no longer on the net (it was a link to pcthiker.net). It’s basically the exact same instructions as the pepsi can stove, except you use 2 Red Bull cans and a lot more patience. Try not to drink both Red Bull’s immediately before building – you’ll need steady hands. ;)
The benefit is that the burner is smaller around and much less flame is lost up the sides of a narrower pot.
More pics can be seen HERE.