Topic

patagonia winterfest sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals patagonia winterfest sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    John Adams
    BPL Member

@scsjohn

Locale: Midwest
    Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I still can't afford any of it. But I get a Pro form from them that I can't afford either.

Don (Biloxi) Carter

@donjuan70

Locale: Red Neck Riviera

hey all their capaliene and wool is a good deal right now.I don't remember ever seeing it that low..for the 1-4

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

I noticed a lot of Capilene base layers at 50% off, which definitely is a good deal. Of course they have only weird colors left, but I wear mine either in the sleeping bag or under outer clothing, so who cares?

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

I was curious to see how Patagonia garments fit. I was looking at the sizing chart and it seems that I could be in a small or a medium (BTW I am 5'9" 145lbs). I was wondering if I should stay at a medium with the capilene base layers due to possible shrinkage (3% or so) or stick with the small if there is no shrinkage of the garment. My wallet and I thank you(maybe not my wallet, but I do).

Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Locale: Richmond, Virginia

Depends on how you like the fit. I'm more partial to the athletic cuts of IceBreaker base layers so i use Medium Capilene base layers in patagonia.

I have larges in my Icebreaker tops but found the patagonia large Cap T's and LS's to be just too long in the torso and very baggy.

With that in mind, i would recommend sticking with the small for your situation. I'm 6'2" 190# and the medium is my choice.

They don't really shrink either.

– Dana

Kari Post
    BPL Member

@karipost

Locale: New Hampshire

My boyfriend is 6-0/155 and he wears a medium. He's on the lanky side, so the small fits him better around the chest but his arms and legs are too long for the size small to fit him comfortably.

Richard Lyon
    BPL Member

@richardglyon

Locale: Bridger Mountains

Dana, I'm 6-4, 200, with a 36.5 inch sleeve. Patagonia XL fits really well. Sounds like you need a Large.

Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Dana,

Thanks for the answer. I ordered a couple of tops in the small so I am hoping that the fit is good.

Collin Smith

@fennrisulfr

Locale: Ozarks

Nathan,

I think you will be happy with a small. I am 5'11" 185# and I wear a medium.

I can never pass up the sales at Patagonia. I've already spent way too much on their site this year. Tons of great deals at this year's Winterfest.

Picked up some microburst pants, an ascensionist jacket, some cap 1's, R1's, a few belts, and some things for my girlfriend.

Nick Chen

@fleetparadox

Locale: Socal

Nathan,

Funny you should ask that. I've flip flopped alot on their sizing even when trying it on in the stores.

I'm 5'8 & 150lb. The small Cap 1 will fit me… but it fits tighter than I would like for hiking. On the other hand, for Mt Biking I have a small that I like to wear, which fits more like a biking jersey. For the outer garments such as the R1 and Houdini, I wear a Med.

Hope that helps. Btw, the Cap series do stretch out a little after wearing them for a couple of days…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools