Topic

Montrail Hardrocks $30

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Montrail Hardrocks $30

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

Going for 68% off at Bargainoutfitters.com. As of 9PM EST they have sizes 8-12. Just remember they tend to run a half size small.

http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/cb/cb.asp?a=367418&pn=5

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

Locale: Ozarks

That's pretty tempting, I've been wanting to try some Montrails. I noticed they also have the Hurricane Ridges for $50. Wonder which kind I should try?

Edit: After I saw the $5 coupon, I couldn't resist. $31, shipped, for a pair of shoes…I can use them to loaf around in, or resell them to someone on here if they don't fit…

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

Use coupon BF511 for $5 off any order. Expires Feb 15.

Doug, thanks for the link.

Paul Sturrock

@byblow

I received a new pair of Hardrocks a couple of weeks ago but couldn't resist getting a second pair for less than $31 total, including shipping. Thanks for the tip!

Kendall Clement
    BPL Member

@socalpacker

Locale: Cebu, Philippines

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the code. $30.96 total including shipping. Great deal!

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

And thanks also for the tip about sizing.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Thanks a bunch for the heads up. I just ordered two pair and signed up for Bargain Outfitters email alerts.

I'm on my second pair of Montrail Continental Divides (with a third in the closet). Thought I'd compare the two models. Hopefully sizing runs the same- the Continental Divides are a full size bigger than my street shoes.

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

I ordered size 11.5, and I normally wear 11 in regular shoes. I'm actually wearing them now, and debating if they are going to be large enough to keep.

Kevin Sullivan
    BPL Member

@bustedchucks

Hey Tom,

If you decide those 11.5 are too small for you to use, and you want to get rid of them, let me know. I got a size 11 and they are a little snug on me.

Tom Caldwell
    BPL Member

@coldspring

I think I'm going to be okay, as they seemed to have stretched. I'll take them on a backpack this weekend and see how many blisters I get, or see if they burst after my feet swell. At the very least, they'll make great outdoor lifestyle image shoes to wear around town.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

If you're going to sign up for Bargainoutfitters.com alerts, go sign up for Sportsmansguide.com alerts too; same company, but the prices and alerts vary wildly. I just couldn't get the Hardrocks to fit me right.

donald buckner
    Spectator

@toomanyarrows

Locale: Southeast U.S.

Montrail Hardrocks at Pine Mountain, GASince they had a cult following, I decided to try a pair since they were on sale. I initially was put off by the rather large and rearward positioning of the arch support, but after a trail run of about 3 miles over rocky terrain, I did not have any issues with them, and thought they were a good bit more supportive and padded than my Inov-8's. I'm glad I picked them up and I think they will be very good for rocky trails. I did order 1/2 size up. I wore fairly thin socks for a great fit. The tarp was made by Mike Stivers.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

Don, you should be on the cover of a Rolling Stone
    i always do good w/ montrails right from the box.

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

I wore Hardrocks last year on the PCT from Sonora Pass to Dunsmuir where my crippled feet made me get off the trail. I was so completely debilitated by them it took several months to recover.

At first they felt great. Then I noticed it felt like my toes pointed way up in the air all the time. Soon shooting, stinging random pains throughout my feet would leave me doubled over and shouting out loud. My metatarsal bones felt broken. I had to alter my gait so much in them my quads practically atrophied.

I cannot understand why I cannot wear these shoes and others rave about them.

Frank Deland

@rambler

Locale: On the AT in VA

Same thing happened to me I think, Diane. Afetr 100 miles on ther AT I came off the trail with with foot pain straight back from my big toe. I thought I might have a broken bone in my foot. It was only on the right foot. The doctor said it was my metatasal. The pain eventually went away, but came back on a day hike in the Utah Uintas. It just does not happen with other shoes such as the Montrail Vitesse or the Merrell Ventilator. Too bad, because the Hardrock is very comfortable otherwise.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools