Topic

In need of a lightweight bag

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedFeb 9, 2009 at 12:57 am

Just like the title says. I am looking to buy two bags that are very light and can zip together (the second bag is for my girlfriend). Would I prefer synthetic, I don't know. I have a down bag that's approximately 13 years old. Once the dew hits it, it's useless. Have they gotten better?

Here are my requirements:
1. Under $110
2. At least a 40 degree rating
3. Able to zip together
4. 'Ats bout it.

So, go on with the suggestions. Does the bag I want exist?

PostedFeb 9, 2009 at 1:07 am

Yes, the down bags are better these days. They have water repellent finish on the fabric so that small amounts of water won't penetrate the fabric immediately. Under "normal" conditions they are fine. Unless you are on lengthy trips in very damp conditions all the time then down is definitely the way to go.

Your best bet is to wait and pick something up on sale, or try to pick up 2 bags of the same make here on Gear Swap. There was a recent thread (in the last day or so) about cheap down bags… have a look through it and see what suggestions you can find. Most of the suggestions I would normally offer would exceed your budget.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...