Topic

Two mats combos

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
PostedFeb 8, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Looks like several members use a two mat combo in winter. Not having done that I visualise it only working if one of the two is a CCF mat. Is this correct ?
( I am thinking of one mat sliding across the other)
Franco

Steven Evans BPL Member
PostedFeb 8, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Although I usually use a DM7 short in winter, I can easily get away with a Montbell 90 paired with a GG Nightlite (Torso). It is important to put the nightlite on TOP of the MB90…if it I put it on the bottom, I will get cold spots.

PostedFeb 8, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Borderline relevancy but normally, I like to use a regular or long length inflatable and fold it in half.

PostedFeb 8, 2009 at 10:20 pm

Are you reffering to using an inflatable pad and a CCF pad?
I too have had the same question for a long time since I've never owned an inflatable pad.

PostedFeb 8, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Just interested to know what works for whom. It has been discussed before but I am particularly interested to know if anyone has had problems with one mat sliding off the other.
Franco

PostedFeb 9, 2009 at 2:10 am

– I like to use "silver bubble wrap" that is used for insulating hot water tanks, pipes and vans.
– example: 54” x 14” = 4 oz, packed=4.5” x 14”, can cut it any size you want
– have tried it with an Exped down mat at -35F
– have also used it by itself in moderate temperatures-it insulates from the cold ground

Dondo . BPL Member
PostedFeb 9, 2009 at 5:18 am

I use a Montbell 90 in combination with a 3/8" thinlite. Like Steven, I've noticed that it's warmer with the closed cell on top. They stick together well and do not slide around.

PostedFeb 9, 2009 at 6:32 am

I use a generic CCF on top of a BA Clearview.

I have two 'loops' of 1/2" grosgrain that hold things together. The slicker surface of my generic lets me roll around without dragging the pad. I find the Gossamer Gear pads to be to 'sticky'.

The CCF also gets use as a camp sit pad.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Loading...