Use a hose system with any bottle. Ben has a cheaper version on Jason Klass' website.
Topic
SmarTube
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
Looks like it based out of Israel, so may not be available in USA.
Looks like they have one size at http://www.campingsurvival.com/smdrsy.html. It appears that the straw doesn't seal tight. I found one photo of the 63mm cap (Nalgene size) and it has a corrugated straw simply pushed through the plastic cap.
I like the idea of being able to use a plain, cheap and light water bottle with a hose. My first thought was to just drill a bottle cap and use a little food grade silicone adhesive to seal in a Platypus hose.
CamelBak had a similar setup for their straw-style bottles, which worked very well.
Dale,
I second that. A drill, a tube and some calk is all you need. But I wouldnt have thought of it had I not seen the smart tube.
BackpackGearTest.org tested the SmarTube about a year ago. I was one of the testers, and I’m still happily using mine. It’s a great product.
Become a member to post in the forums.

