Topic

Gore-tex or eVent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Gore-tex or eVent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chung Chan

@hammer

Does anyone know where I can buy gore-tex or eVent fabric? I can't seem to find anything online. Also, does anyone know if I need industrial strength sewing machines to work with these materials? I just want to make some waterproof and breathable pants the way I like them.

cheers

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

You can get gore-tex from http://www.owfinc.com. I don't think you can buy eVent anywhere (??).

Jason Shaffer

@pa_jay

Locale: on the move....

Seattle Fabrics and Rockywoods.com also sell various types of Goretex and other Wp-B's. I don't think eVent is sold by the yard anywhere – I'd love to be proven wrong though! Any decent sewing machine should do just fine w/ these fabrics.

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

I have 3 yards of event, but its heavy. Not something you would want to make a jacket with unless your looking to make a bomber mountaineering one with a liner.

Chung Chan

@hammer

I bought an eVent jacket a couple years back, it doesn't seem that heavy. Are there different types of eVent materials?

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Yes eVent can be made in two or three layers from about 2oz to over 4 per sq yard.
    Franco

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools