Topic

Others Bug Me With This in the Backcountry!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Others Bug Me With This in the Backcountry!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 176 through 184 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

Somebody hold my beer and give me a drag off a Marlboro….

Oh just a bunch of UL backpackers…nevermind…no fight here…move along.

If you have one bothering you just throw him a handful of tent stakes and ask him to figure out the best weight to holding power ratio.

I really enjoyed that article though. ;)

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Hey guys, simmer down…at least it was only the normal "noob", not the dreaded

nOOb

Simply DANGEROUS…I've seen grown men stay up waaaayy past their bedtimes because that word reared it's ugly head in a forum. Damn, I get a rush just thinking about it.

Dave T

@davet

Dirk Rabdau

@dirk9827

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Dave –

I was trying to inject a bit of levity into the discussion – I know you weren't calling out anyone with the noob comment – it was just all in good fun.

But ultralight dueling would be a welcome addition…

Dirk

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I heard some guy started the "feel good" thread of the year about super people doing wonderful things for other delightful people while basking in the beauty of the great outdoors.
    Check it out and have a marvelous evening.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=18707

This wine is delicious.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"But ultralight dueling would be a welcome addition…"

Right on, Dirk. Titanium skewers, mano a mano! Loser gets buried in his Vapor Bivy. How's that for multi use gear?

Gail Van Velzer

@golly

After reading all the posts, I must agree with those that say no to the smoking of cigarettes and cigars. I happen to be allergic to such smoke and it's a real nuisance to get a whiff of the stuff. Campfires, smells of food cooking and other things don't bother me, but cigarettes do. The other thing that gets to me is those who carry their radios and turn them up, assuming we love their music. Leave the stupid sound systems at home and enjoy nature!

Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

Why do ultralight cigarettes weight the same as regular cigarettes? That's false advertising.

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

Locale: Outside

Daniel, I think it's for the same reason that light beer weighs the same as regular. Ali

Viewing 9 posts - 176 through 184 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools