Topic

What fabric to use??

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear What fabric to use??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Cali Terrasas

@cal429258

Locale: So Cal

Hi there
    Ok so I am really new to the whole make your own gear thing but I am really excited and have been practicing on my sewing with basic patterns from my local fabric store
    Any way I have been reading a lot on here with all the different gear and ideas but.

I am getting confused and just need some basic help and advice on what and where to buy a few things.
    So here it goes.
    I want to make,
    1. Pull over rain coat
    2. Hiking cargo shorts
    3. Down quilt
    4. Bivy sack
    5. Tarp like shelter

Here is my query? What material should I buy for each of these projects and if you could be so kind where do I order them?
    I will be trying all kinds of patterns and test runs on each before making them but I still don’t want to have to sell a kidney to buy the materials. But I do want it to work well
    I am not an “ultra lighter” exactly but I do like lightweight gear. So I need more need for function then to be able to say, “my pack is lighter then yours”.

Thanks guys and I hope to hear back from any one with any thoughts and ideas

Teach me I am here to learn!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools