Topic

ULA Ohm

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Turley BPL Member
PostedFeb 2, 2009 at 8:29 pm

I was anxiously waiting for this pack as all of the smaller volume ULA packs do not come in small torso. I was dissapointed in that the Ohm will only be available in medium and large. I do like the look and feature set of this pack however…if only my size :-(

This narrows my choice to either the new GG Miniposa or upcoming release of the GG Gorilla.

PostedFeb 3, 2009 at 12:17 am

You should add Rons Prophet to your list. If my Ion mods don't come out as planned I may spring for one. Just a great looking pack.

Turley BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2009 at 12:31 am

Don,

Thanks for the suggestion.
I like the MLD Prophet except the hip belt. I like a wider hip belt or larger belt/hip wings verses just webbing. Maybe Ron would consider customizing one…..

Jed Augustine BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2009 at 12:40 am

Christopher-

I asked Ron about this. He said it would be a $20 customization to add winged hipbelts.

te – wa BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2009 at 3:36 pm

the conduit comes in S/M (17-19") and I have a 17.5 and it fits well. I wonder if the M Ohm is just over the size limit for us.. but then again rumor has it the AMP is not dead, just resting.

The Prophet is a solid alternative, if I would call it that, to be fair I think its ahead of its class. I have not tried an MLD pack but I need to!

fwiw, the newest Mariposa has new features, but they kept those rediculously wide shoulder straps – I have heard some of my friends complain about the width of them and it was the only reason I sent the miniposa back to Grant. other than that its great if you have a big chest girth?

PostedFeb 4, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Specs for the Medium OHM: 21 oz, 3,500 cu in, $130

Main Body: 2,100
Front Mesh Pocket: 500
Side Mesh Pockets: 400
Ext. Collar: 500

Load Guide: 20-30 lbs

Brian

Aaron Granda BPL Member
PostedFeb 4, 2009 at 6:53 pm

I have to ask,on here and on the ULA site it says mesh side pockets but the picture shows fabric side pockets. Are they going to be changed? Either way that pack rocks. I do believe I'll be buying one! I'm glad to see smaller packs like this and the Gossamer Gear Gorilla are being made.

PostedFeb 4, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Thanks for catching that error. The side pockets on the Ohm are as pictured…210 D Dyneema Gridstop. Thanks for the heads up.

Brian

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Loading...