Topic

Trail Shoes

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedJan 30, 2009 at 7:14 pm

I'm having the hardest time finding a comfortable pair of trail shoes.

I called Running Warehouse and they told me, since I have flat overpronated feet, I need a support shoe. They recommended the Hardrock, but didn't have any more in my size. So I ordered a pair from REI that arrived today.

But the Hardrocks have a super rigid support. Just five minutes with them on killed my feet.

I ordered a pair of Montrail Vitesse from MooseJaw. But two weeks later when I email to find out where my order was, they told me they didn't have any in stock.

I also ordered a pair of Oboz Switchbacks from REI, but the toe area is too small. I wish K-Swiss made trail shoes…lol

Any other suggestions to try? Are the Vitesse shoes really worth trying? Or, should I just buy a pair of the New Balance 811s or something I can try on locally?

I kind of like the 811s, but I can't help but think there may be something better out there.

Do the Montrail Streaks have too much of an arch? Are they wider than most?

PostedJan 30, 2009 at 9:01 pm

…and it sounds like you may need inserts for comfort. A good Chiropractor or Podiatrists can fit you for custom orthodics (SP?) that may help if Off The Shelf ones do not do the trick. My local NB store, as well as REI has a good return policy.

edited 'cause I cant spel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...