Topic

How to contact Henry Shires

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedJan 30, 2009 at 4:05 pm

I am on a round the world trip and in Australia right now.
Before I left the US I had sent Henry Shires a faulty tent – unfortunately, he did not react at all. No repair, no replacement, no refund. I have sent him emails to info@tarptent.com to inquire, but again no reaction for over 2 months.
As I am in Australia right now in the middle of nowhere calling is not really an option (and I have called before from the US without any reaction either).
I am extremely disappointed with his customer service and I am afraid that I can write off the money on this tent.
But maybe anyone out there can give me advice on how to contact Henry and do get a reaction. Another email address or write him a letter? How did you contact him?
Sorry, I know that this might not be the best place to ask, but I am getting desperate now.
Thanks for any input.

Brad Groves BPL Member
PostedJan 30, 2009 at 4:32 pm

If I were desperate, and had the ability to go online or send email, I would probably make a phone call without too much more trouble… I've only heard good things about personal attention to troubles from Henry before. I hope things improve for you–Good luck!

PostedJan 30, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Christine… What you describe is very unlike Henry. I've always received quick replies and the one repair I needed was done promptly. The email address you showed was the one I always use.

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedJan 30, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Have you checked your spam filter?
Henry is one of the most reliable around.

Cheers

PostedJan 30, 2009 at 9:47 pm

I just spoke with Henry Monday. By Thursday I had my new Contrail tent waiting for me in my mailbox. Great tent, and he seemed like a great guy to talk to.

PostedFeb 8, 2009 at 8:14 pm

This forum here saved my problem.
Henry has contacted me after reading this thread. Apparently he has a spam filter problem, so my mails to info@tarptent.com disappeared in his spam filter.
Everything should be good now.
Thank you anyways,
Christine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...