Topic

Exofficio Men’s Air Strip™ Pant size L

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJan 30, 2009 at 10:28 am

Does anyone own one of these pants (size L) that could tell me how much they weigh?

John S. BPL Member
PostedJan 30, 2009 at 11:54 am

My size medium from years ago weighed about 9 oz.

PostedJan 30, 2009 at 11:57 am

No, but what I do have might be of help to you. I own the Amphi convertibles (very similar pants made of the same fabric) in medium with a 34" inseam, and they weigh in at 318g (about 11.2 oz) with the mesh liner cut out.

Subtract the belt/buckle, the zippers, the fabric where the vents are, and consider the large with 32" inseam and vents to be about the same amount of fabric as the medium with 34" inseam; and I would estimate the large Air Strip to be right around 9.5 oz. Just a guesstimate.

Also, I highly recommend the Ex-Officio pants. I have worn them in temperatures ranging from the low 30s (without baselayers) to the low 80s and have been very comfortable in them. They block wind well, they deflect light rain/snow, they are very comfortable on your skin, and they are also very breathable. I am not so sure that the vent in the Air Strip pant would benefit me much. I would prefer to keep the warmth of the full fabric because, even in warmer temperatures, the fabric breathes well enough already.

Slo Hiker BPL Member
PostedFeb 5, 2009 at 5:40 am

Evan,

I have an old pair (Gen I design @ 7-8 yrs old) that weigh 10.2 oz ….. the current version weighs 10.6 oz on my scales.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...