Topic

Platypus Filter Link

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
PostedJan 29, 2009 at 12:45 am

Hi

I need this kind of connector without the elbow.

Platypus Filter Link

Does one exist from Platypus (their website suggests there is not), or is there a third party alternative?

Thanks in advance

Darryl

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedJan 29, 2009 at 10:53 am

Do you mean just the black connector component? Maybe just buy the thing and cut away what you don't need? Sorry if I misunderstood.

PostedJan 29, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Ben

I want to invert a platy bottle then attach tubing to the bottle and connect to Frontier Pro for my gravity filter.

The elbow of the filter allows me to do just that, but it would be nicer if the 90 degree elbow was not there and the tubing just came direct down.

I think that by choosing to have a piece of tubing between the bottle and the filter the flow rate will be improved.

I know this is a system you yourself use/have used, so I trust your input will be helpful.

Regards

Darryl

PostedJan 29, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Platy sells a Quick-Disconnect Kit that might work. Otherwise, you might be able to find one in the plumbing section somewhere

Phil

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedJan 30, 2009 at 11:37 am

Darryl:

FWIW, I mostly use my Frontier Pro as follows:

Platypus (water treated with chlorine) –> Platypus hydration tube (rubber bite valve removed) –> Frontier Pro input nipple.

As you can see, the Frontier Pro is at the end — and I drink from its rubbery bite valve. When hiking, the unit is attached to my backpack shoulder strap for easy access. When at camp, I disconnect both the Platypus bladder and the Frontier Pro from the hydration tubing and then just screw the filter directly onto the Platy for easy drinking.

Hope this helps. If you have a niftier way — please be sure to share!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Loading...