Topic

Problem with aquamira tablets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Problem with aquamira tablets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anton Koliev

@abk2006

Locale: Ukraine

I got some kind of problem with Aquamira water purification tablets. I get several packs from ebay (24 tablet pack) and use 12 tablets on last trail. When I start preparing for my current adventure, I notice, that remaining 12 tablets start smelling as well as was destroyed into powder. Well, I dispose them into my waste bin. Then I take other 4 packs and start checking them – all of them was yet sealed and never opened. But, they also turn into powder!
    Does anyone experience similar problems with this tablets? What may cause that?
    I'm just glad, that I check them before travelling and not in the field.
    Also, it's was pity to throw 70$ into bin.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Complain to the company and demand a refund or replacement. The Potable Aqua tablets were bad like that for me too. I only now use Katadyn Micropur MP1 tablets which seem alot more "durable".

Anton Koliev

@abk2006

Locale: Ukraine

I will be glad to act this way, but, from my past experience,US companies mostly ignore complaints from customers, located outside of US or European Union. I believe, that it will be cheaper for me to throw them into waste, since I will be required to pay outgoing customs taxes just for returning of dead merchadise here, even if they will approve me for returning of their tablets.
    I hope, that this money will go for improvement of their technology.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools