Topic

forum reorganization suggestions.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support forum reorganization suggestions.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

Awesome !
    Could the recent thread link be added under the Community tab on the nav bar ?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Can we have this link on the Home page please, under the 'Last 50 Posts' link! Yes, there is room for it.

Cheers

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Great! Thanks BPL for your speedy response. I look forward to any of the other suggestions you're able to implement. Cheers, A.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

>Can we have this link on the Home page please, under the 'Last 50 Posts' link! Yes, there is room for it.

Sure, why not ; )

Check it out on the backpackinglight.com home page.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Sam

I doubt I will use the 'Last 50 Posts' link any more. This one is so much better.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

If you can add the number of new posts since your last visit in parentheses that would be even better!

eg.
    forum reorganization suggestions (3)

to indicate 3 new posts have been added to this thread since your last visit. That would make it clear which threads are very active (lots of responses), and which new threads haven't received any responses yet.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Roger – I've been waiting for the "new threads" link since I first joined BPL. It's a winner.

Ashley – We're on a roll, but don't fault us if we don't come through with every request ; )

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Ashley – We're on a roll, but don't fault us if we don't come through with every request ; )

Hehe I can keep wishing though eh? Great job so far though. Most websites take months to respond to these sort of requests (if they ever do). Kudos to the hackers who are making the mods… I know how much of a PITA it can be getting even "simple" things right.

Unknown abc

@edude

No suggestions I can think of!

Thanks SO MUCH TO ALL of the BPL STAFF!!!
    You guys are awesome!
    Keep up the good work!

-Evan

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Thank you all for your response. It means a lot to us to be able to act immediately to requests and provide the best user experience.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

From the recent threads page, the forum names in the list of threads do not link to the forums. Instead you get the message: "The specified forum no longer exists or never existed." Checking the link shows that it doesn't actually seem to be pointing at a specific forum.

That's what I'm seeing using Opera 9.2 anyway…

Anonymous

Thanks for noticing Ashley, it's fixed now.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Dave the fixes we've made in the past week were initial ones. They were the technical fixes that could be made quickly and that have needed to be made for sometime.

A more serious re-structuring of the forums will take a bit more time. The writing of new descriptions and the combining of threads are time-consuming. On top of it the staff needs to determine the best course of action from our own perspective paired with the comments from the community at large.

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools