Topic

Buying a sleeping bag oversized

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJan 28, 2009 at 12:58 pm

I was thinking of purchasing a long size sleeping bag rather than a regular and using the extra space at the bottom to keep my fleece and morning clothes warm. Is this a bad idea? There is only an ounce or two of weight gain so that is not a concern. My only worry is that with the extra space my feet will get cold.

PostedJan 28, 2009 at 1:27 pm

I own a marmot pinnacle long and I'm only 6"1" (my Dad owns the regular pinnacle and it fits perfect). The only reason I have the long is because that was the deal on ebay, can't be picky for $115.

Anyways if I could pick I would go with the regular, the long is alot of extra bag.

I stuff my clothes down at the bottum to take up the space and that makes them nice and toasty and accesible in the morning. Also while winter camping I throw a nalgene of boiling water down there and there's no worries of cold.

All in all the extra space is good for storing clothes but more so I just find it annoying to have all that extra bag.

John G BPL Member
PostedJan 28, 2009 at 2:04 pm

The long bags are also cut significantly wider. Great for restless side sleepers, not so great anywhere close to the bags temperature rating.

Peter Sustr BPL Member
PostedJan 28, 2009 at 2:35 pm

I am a big fan of long bags. They let you 'hide' inside for extra warmth and more room to roll around. I also find that i can store alot of things in my bag when winter camping, that way my water doesn't freeze, my clothes are warm in the morning, room for snacks and its just better livin. Well worth the oz's!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...