Are the Exped/OR tents actually Hillenberg tents under a different name?
A friend of mine has an Andromedia he's willing to part with and I'm giving thought to purchasing it for canoe trips. Does anyone have a take on the Exped tents?
Topic
Become a member to post in the forums.
Are the Exped/OR tents actually Hillenberg tents under a different name?
A friend of mine has an Andromedia he's willing to part with and I'm giving thought to purchasing it for canoe trips. Does anyone have a take on the Exped tents?
John
The Exped Andromeda is very similar to the Hilleberg Nammatj 3GT but not the same tent.
The dimensions are slightly different, for example the Andromeda has an extra 10cm headroom , the fly of the Exped is made from polyurethane-coated ripstop polyester , Hilleberg use Kerlon 1800, 40 denier silicone coated ripstop nylon (pretty much a stronger version of the so called 1.1oz sil nylon).
The Exped comes with 9mm DAC poles, the Hilleberg 10mm DAC.
If you look at the sleeve, door zip and corner tie outs you can see the difference.
Having played with several of the Exped (but only the Hilleberg Akto) I would consider the Swiss version to be just a bit less "de luxe " than the Swedish one.
Franco
Thanks Franco. Much help.
I think it will be a good tent for $250.? Way too heavy for backpacking, but fine for canoeing. Especially in the shoulder seasons.
Become a member to post in the forums.