Topic

Dry sack sizes

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedJan 27, 2009 at 9:02 pm

I've decided to go with 4 different dry sacks. I'll need one for my down bag, one for clothing, one for food, and one for miscellaneous stuff.
What sizes would you recommend, my bag is a vapor trail?
What brand?
Also, when I store my food outside at night in a dry sack, do I have to put my stove and pot in the sack outside?

PostedJan 28, 2009 at 2:27 am

Your bag didn't come with a stuff sack? As for clothing, food, and miscellanea, you could save some weight and $$ by using 2-3mil. compactor trash bags. I would try to stay away from using sacks as much as possible because they add a lot of subtle weight.

Store your pots and stuff outside, they will either have the scent of your food or your soap. Plus, the sound of it will alert you if a bear is toggling with your stuff.

PostedJan 30, 2009 at 8:28 am

Yeah, my bag came with a stuff sack, but since it is sili-nylon I was planning on using it to put my clothes in and getting a fully waterproof drysack for my food and one for my bag. I was just wondering what size for my bag because I don't want to over compress it. I have a rei sub kilo 20

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...