Topic

Kao Wool Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Kao Wool Stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JUNICHI TAKAHASHI

@vagabunjp

Locale: JAPAN
    Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

That turned out really nice. Very clever use of materials.

PS. After writing the above I followed the links and then looked at his profile.

I looked at JUNICHI san's profile and saw he had a Blog listed. I clicked on the URL and went to it. His first picture is of a couple of men around a fire pounding on metal much like a blacksmith here in the old days. Then he shows how he made this stove.

The pictures then transition to a photo of Tony's last stove.

Then I got it.

When I was working with Titanium I did what I called my primitive blacksmithing skills. Fire and a hammer and I can pound my way to forming my new stuff.

JUNICHI san has made a low tech version of Tony's stove. This was very clever.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

If anyone wants Kaowool let me know- I'm an artist/ceramics teacher and often have large quantities of it laying around for kiln building.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Craig – PM sent.

Thanks, Todd

Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

What a cool stove, and so imaginative. Really insightful blending and use of technologies. This is something I'd consider trying to make; one thing I'd want to figure out, though, would be fuel "rationing." Some way to snuff the flame and prevent the fuel from evaporating, or just experiment enough to know how much to squeeze in. Thanks for posting this, Junichi!

Matthew Bishop
    BPL Member

@mattsbishop

Locale: Iowa

Man that's cool. Good job Junichi! Makes me want to start playing with stoves again. It also makes me wonder if such a design would be safe for a more-energetic-for-weight fuel like white gas.

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Locale: Pigeon House Mt from the Castle

Hi Junichi,

Very nice work, how much does the Kao Wool stove, pot and stand weigh.

Tony

JUNICHI TAKAHASHI

@vagabunjp

Locale: JAPAN

Please confirm the weight with a photograph

SYSTEM

This stove is very easily usable!

My Blog ↓
    http://obakanahibi.blog31.fc2.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools