Topic

How do you protect your pack from snowshoe crampons?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Ethan A. BPL Member
PostedJan 26, 2009 at 6:44 pm

My wife and I have packed our snowshoes against each other to keep the crampons away from our pack fabric (and once made a DIY duct tape + cardboard crampon blade cover for them when transporting). Do you use anything to cover your snowshoe's crampons?

Jason Klass BPL Member
PostedJan 26, 2009 at 7:20 pm

I do the same as you–just put the snowshoes crampon to crampon and strap them to my pack. Is there a reason you need to find a way to cover the crampons becasue you want to store them differently?

Steven Nelson BPL Member
PostedJan 26, 2009 at 7:51 pm

I sometimes do the same, but more often stack them so that one is on top of the other, with the crampons on both facing the same way, and strap them to the pack with the crampons facing out. This works well with most shoes – I've done it with Northern Lites, Crescent Moon Magnesium 9s, and a few MSR models. I find they carry a little better this way.

Jeff Jeff BPL Member
PostedJan 26, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I just lay them up against my pack and forget about it. It's made of a pretty stout fabric that can take it.

Dondo . BPL Member
PostedJan 26, 2009 at 8:43 pm

EJ, if I'm remembering correctly, you and your wife both use Northern Lites. I stack mine nestled together with the bindings facing the pack and the crampons facing outward. The front tips curl over the top of the pack, making for fairly compact package.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...