Topic

Integral Designs eVent Bugaboo and Crysallis

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
PostedJan 25, 2009 at 1:10 pm

I would like to get some user opinions on the pros and cons of the Integral Designs eVent Bugaboo and Crysallis alpine bivvies. Any perspective would be appreciated. Thanks,

PostedJan 28, 2009 at 5:49 pm

I own neither of these bivys.

Upon looking on ID's website, the key difference appears to be the hood set-up. The Bugaboo does not appear to close off completely, whereas the crysalis has the wire to give you more room, and the vent would keep condensation down. I have an ID MK1 XL and the tunnel vents are effective at reducing condensation.

PostedJan 28, 2009 at 6:18 pm

Thanks Matt. There is another picture if you scroll down and search for pictures of the Bugaboo that show a snap closure for the porthole. I am wondering if that then turns the bivy into more of an overbag(?).Bugaboo Vent

PostedJan 28, 2009 at 8:12 pm

I had a Bugaboo and liked it. I eventualy sold it for a WT bivy w/ tie in, but miss the romminess of the Bugaboo w/ a winter bag and parka.
The Bugaboo breaths very well, except for the bottom which doesent.
Never used the Bugaboo in a real storm but seemed very weather tight.
In part, the reason I sold it though was that I was concerned about the main zip wearing with use and then leaking.
Provided you do not need the room, IMO the South Col might be a better option for camping.

PostedJan 28, 2009 at 8:14 pm

Almost forgot, while I was worried about the center zip leaking, I really liked it for getting into and out of the bivy and for lieing around in

PostedJan 28, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Thanks Rob.

Is the snap closure (below and above the porthole) used to create a simple hood when the horizontal zip is opened, creating a simple sleeping bag cover / overbag? I hope my description makes sense….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...