Topic

Need a bag..considering REI sub kilo 20?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
PostedJan 22, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Ok, I got my pack (vapor trail) and realized there is no way I could ever fit my synthetic bag in it with other stuff. I guess im going to get a down bag, but I'm kind of limited on how much I can spend. I found a REI sub kilo 20 for $135. I will only be using it as a 3 season bag (late spring, summer and early fall). Is that a good bag for that price and would I be able to sell it later if I want to upgrade and not lose very much money.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

PostedJan 22, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Make sure you get in one first. The one I tried last year has a super snug fit, at least for my frame (5'11" 190lbs 44" Jacket size).

PostedJan 22, 2009 at 2:16 pm

I was just going to order it online, and have no way of trying one out. I'm 5'11 160lbs 38in chest so im tall but pretty skinny, hopefully it won't be to tight.

Jeff Jeff BPL Member
PostedJan 22, 2009 at 4:39 pm

You'll fit fine. I would warn you that it's not as warm as advertised, but it would make an ok 30 degree bag. Heavier than most, but still pretty light and small, especially for the money.

PostedJan 22, 2009 at 5:38 pm

I know its going to be heavier than most, but I haven't been able to find any around this price. I really just want something that packs kinda small. At $135 will I be able to sell it for a decent amount in a year if I want to upgrade to a lighter, better bag?

Tad Englund BPL Member
PostedJan 22, 2009 at 5:59 pm

REI has sub kilo 20's at the store for $84. Its worth the money!!! Buy it, or have someone go to a store for you and buy it, just buy it. Its the best sleeping bag value anywhere right now!

PostedJan 22, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Tad,
Thanks a lot for letting me know they are selling them at the store for $84. I was about to pay $135 on ebay.
I guess I'll have to have them hold one for me.
Thanks

Tad Englund BPL Member
PostedJan 22, 2009 at 6:19 pm

You might have to call around. The Issaquah, WA store had only one regular size, left zip. Though I did see one in the back on hold that was about to be taken off hold.
Call them soon- or try other stores. They are $164 on sale then they take 50% off that.

PostedJan 22, 2009 at 6:34 pm

I just called the REI in WA you were talking about and they have one regular left. If anyone is going to an rei soon, let me know and I'll pay you whatever fee for getting it for me and shipping charges through paypal. I understand if this might be a hassel but if anyone is going to one anytime soon, let me know so I can call and see if they have any in stock.

Thanks

Tad Englund BPL Member
PostedJan 22, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Clay I have it- I'll try and call you to make arrangements. The total was $87.01 (included sales Tax)

PostedJan 22, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Tad,
Let me know when your going to try to call so I can know when to expect your call and I can give you another number if you want.
Thanks a lot again.
Clay

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Loading...