Topic

BPL Store Evernew pots

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedJan 22, 2009 at 11:53 am

What's with all of the Evernew pots at the BPL store now? Don't get me wrong, they seem like fine gear but not the lightest weight pots.

Is there a trend towards less finicky/flimsy gear for a little more weight?

I just paid for an REI .9L pot on gear swap that looks exactly the same as an Evernew .09L pot. I suspect a rebrand.

Thought I'd give a larger diameter pot a try since balancing mugs on stoves can be difficult. Plus all my stoves send flames up the sides of my mugs.

Anyone know why you would get the .6L Evernew pot over the .9L pot aside from size? The .9L is only .16 OZ heavier. I mean if you could only get one of them it does not seem like that much of a weight difference for a much larger capacity pot.

Sam Haraldson BPL Member
PostedJan 22, 2009 at 11:56 am

Daniel, it's no secret that Evernew makes REI's line of UL pots. And as far as why would someone get the .6 over the .9? Well, it's 0.16 oz. lighter of course ; )

PostedJan 22, 2009 at 12:00 pm

I wonder if the weights for the.6 pot are correct? I've got one, and mine weighs 3.4 oz with the handles.

PostedJan 22, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Aaah Sam, I just had to convert that to metric to get my head around it. 4 grams heavier. Sigh. I suppose there are people who really don't WANT more than 600ml volume. I mean, some folks consider a 450ml mug to be adequate for their cooking needs!

PostedJan 22, 2009 at 12:23 pm

4 grams is negligible to me but I’m sure it may as well be a cinder block to others. Then again, if you are worried about 4 grams then you would probably not get the Evernew .6L pot at all and opt for a mug that is 25% lighter.

Thanks for confirming the REI/Evernew pot thing. I was just going by pictures as I have not received the pot yet.

I was shooting for a wider bottom pot. I have a .9L Snowpeak Trek that works OK but it is more narrow and has those round edges at the bottom (slips off some stoves easily). I don’t need 900ml, 600ml works great for me but for 4 grams difference I’ll keep my money for now.

My goal is a more stable pot on stove and better boil efficiency.

………. however, I can't seem to have too many Ti pots.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...