Topic

Reparing No-See-Um Netting

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedJan 21, 2009 at 12:44 pm

I went through my gear last night and noticed that I managed to tear a dime sized hole in the netting on my MLD Soul Bivy side zip.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how I can fix it? Should I just sow it with thread? Or can I patch it somehow?

Thanks for the help.

PostedJan 21, 2009 at 2:19 pm

How about two circles of clear repair tape like McNett or TearAid, one on each side?

PostedJan 21, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Take an old pair of panty hose and cut out a patch slightly larger than the hole. Attach it using fabric glue. When purchasing the glue make sure you get the one that is permanent and does not dissolve in the wash.

PostedJan 22, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Excellent ideas. Thanks for the help.

Greg-
I think the McNet repair tape idea is good, but do you think it's a permanent fix? Seems like it would be good in a pinch, but might not make it over the long term???

Ronald-
Is there a brand name fabric glue you can recommend?

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedJan 22, 2009 at 1:48 pm

If it's a tear — just sew it with thread and needle.

Patch / glue only if material is missing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...