Topic

Repairing Big Agnes Insulated Air Core

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedJan 20, 2009 at 5:44 pm

I just received my BA Insulated Air Core and it came with a repair kit. It's a simple adhesive and patch. However, Therm-a-rest offers a Hotbond repair kit for use with their pads. The Hotbond kit is supposed to be heated before you apply it to the pad. I figure this would work better and bond more thoroughly than a room temp kit. Has anyone tried a Hotbond kit on a pad other than a Therm-a-rest?

Joe Kuster BPL Member
PostedJan 20, 2009 at 6:04 pm

The hot bond stuff pretty much works as advertised and I've used it to patch BA pads. That said, I've patched a LOT of pads with the standard BA repair kits and have not had many problems at all. Their glue & patch system is pretty good overall, just keep your finger oils off the patch you are putting on there and it almost always gets a good seal.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...