Topic

Pack cover problems- a solution

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Pack cover problems- a solution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

I got tired of pack covers blowing off or blowing around loosely and buckles that gouged my back.

I added straps that wrap around the pack to the front and buckle there. The straps hold the cover to the pack and there is no buckle in back to gouge.

Rosaleen Sullivan
    Spectator

@mamarosa43

Locale: New England

A strap that buckles in front is one solution. I went a different route.

I have 4 open points along the hem of my pack cover. At the "top," one opening allows access to the ends and to a spring-loaded barrel-type adjustable closure. Opposite this access point is one to which I added a "mitten hook." Two more openings are fairly evenly-spaced along the sides, one has a loop tied in its section of shock cord and the other has a second mitten hook tied into its section of shock cord. I can pull the elastic cord across the back of the pack and clip from either or both directions, depending on how full my pack is at the time. If necessary, I can then also pull the elastic tighter, and hold it at that tension with the barrel closure.

Regards,

Rosaleen

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

Rosaleen,
    Could you post some photos? I'd like to see what your system looks like.

Rosaleen Sullivan
    Spectator

@mamarosa43

Locale: New England

I will be glad to, once I can get hubby's help. He is pretty wrapped up in his own projects, but is the one with camera expertise, the computer with software to handle photos, etc. My laptop is so short on memory, it is beyond pitiful…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools