Topic

Change My Name?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Judi Henson

@ritzhenson

Locale: The Deep South

Hey Y'all! First let me say this site ROCKS! Second…I got the UL Parka, and it also ROCKS! (My appologies, I'll be purchasing a thesaurus shortly.) I do have a point to this post, How do we (Meaning you) change my name here? I used my lovely wife's credit card to sign up here, and now find that my name is Judith instead of Ritz. Now, I'm a fairly progressive guy, but I fear that said lovely wife may eventually see the "Light" and want to join this community, and therein lies the problem. I hope this can be changed…if not, I suppose I'll be speaking in falsetto durring my next post. Peace.

Joe Westing

@pedro87

I had this problem too b/c I ordered things from this site using my mom's credit card. First, sign in and go to the "My Account" page (the link is in the top right section of any page on this site). Next, click on "Change My Billing & Shipping Addresses" (the link is on the right under the My Account subheading). Once on that page (it should be titled "Your Account Information"), look under "Primary Address" and change the first name listing. Hope that works for you.

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Ritz, Judith is a lovely name I vote you stick with it.

Judi Henson

@ritzhenson

Thanks Peter, I'll try that. Thom, although I would have to agree with you, I think I'll leave that name to my Mrs.

Judi Henson

@ritzhenson

Once again, Thank you.

Brett Tucker

@blister-free

Locale: Puertecito ruins

Out of curiosity, anyone know if there's a way to change one's username, as well?

Joe Westing

@pedro87

My guess is that there is no way to change your username unless you somehow get BPL staff to do something about it. Could be wrong about that though.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

A username or name change is possible but you must submit a customer service support request and a staffer will take care of it.

Judi Henson

@ritzhenson

Thanks so much, but it's already done. Peace

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

My name is Jim and I use JimQPublic as user name at every web site I frequent. Is it okay to completely leave my last name off in my profile/signature? I have edited it so my first name is Jim (short for James, my legal first name) and last name is "QPublic" (not my real last name!)

I will comply with policy, but would rather leave my last name off if that's acceptable.

Thanks
    Jim

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi JimQP

Why should I worry?

Of course, if you buy something from BPL with a credit card, then your real name will be on the files, but we do NOT release that.

Cheers
    PS: how do you know who I am either?

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Sorry Roger, but we know who you are. We've seen way too much of you to forget.

Rod

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Thanks guys- I didn't know if it was a strict policy to show full first and last name. My only reason is that my boss is getting into backpacking- I'm trying to steer him to go light. I just didn't want him to note my name and then start comparing my post times with work hours. Of course I'm salaried so it doesn't matter that much.

Jim

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools