Topic

Chemicals and Bottles question

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 2:12 pm

I don't want a repeat of the DEET episode. So I'm gonna ask this time. Is there any reason not to put my bleach in an Aquamira bottle? Will the plastic melt? Are there any concerns here?

John S. BPL Member
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 4:39 pm

I'd have no concerns other than cleaning out residual aquamira.

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 5:34 pm

No problems at all. Actually, since you only need 4-6 droplets of bleach to purify a liter or quart of water — you can use much smaller bottles — like these.

I use the above drop bottles for chlorine and also for 100% DEET without any problems at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...