Topic

Best bag to go with Golite/Ion

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 9:40 am

I'm planning quite a few trips this spring and summer between Hawaii and the Cascades and looking for one small bag around 35 degrees that can be used with my Ion. When I go XUL I usually forgo the bag and just use a bivy but I'm getting old and pretty sick of being cold all night. This new pack is a huge step up from my go naked survival trips and a huge step down from my Jam2 and Western Mountaineering 30 degree down bag. I prefer down but am open to synthetic if it makes sense. I don't care about price. I just don't quite know how to fit it all in. I Carry a poncho tarp and a small stove and that's about it other than food. Please help Ali

Brad Groves BPL Member
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 9:51 am

Hey-
Realistically, you're not going to find a smaller or lighter sleeping bag than a WM 30*F down bag (unless yours is a semi-rectangular or something). The Summerlite is 19 ounces and I get it stuffed to less than 4 liters… Cheers-

t.darrah BPL Member
PostedJan 16, 2009 at 9:52 am

You may want to look at an Nunatak ARC Ghost rated at 32*, in size regular it weighs in at 14 oz – 17 oz depending on shell selection. Light, warm and great quality.

PostedJan 16, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Thanks guys, I love WM Bags but i'm not sure what 4 liters equates to. Ali

PostedJan 18, 2009 at 8:36 am

I have the Ion and easily put my WM Highlite in the bottom – plenty of room thereafter – bag is warmer than the 35 it is listed as (for me anyway).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...