Topic

Hip Belts and Hip Belt Pockets

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Jed Augustine BPL Member
PostedJan 15, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Hey y'all-

I have always had the impression that winged hip belts are more comfortable because they "wrap" your waist more, which is to say distribute pressure over a larger area.

Built-in hip belt pockets, like those on the ULA Conduit and Catalyst, retain this pressure distributing quality.

I've been considering one of the Mountain Laurel Designs packs, but the hip belt is just a strap and I worry that adding the hip belt pockets would create two points of contact where the pressure from the pack would be concentrated, creating sore spots. Is this an accurate assumption? What do people find from experience?

Jay Wilkerson BPL Member
PostedJan 15, 2009 at 8:37 pm

I have a ULA P-2 and the built in hip pockets work great. They are very convenient for things such as a camera and bars and such. I just got a new MLD Ark and I am in the process of ordering two medium hips pockets because I am so used to ULA. Hip Pockets in my experience have not added any pressure points in the front. IMHO I really like the multi-use of the Hip Pockets.

-Jay

t.darrah BPL Member
PostedJan 15, 2009 at 9:04 pm

The larger 09 MLD packs have wings, both the ARK and Exodus models. The smaller Prophet does not have wings but the pockets, as designed, fit and function great.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...