Topic

Gossamer gear G4 back panel ???

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedJan 15, 2009 at 7:21 pm

Hello.

I have an old GG G4 I am repairing for future use.

I was wondering what you folks use for the back panel.

Do you use the recommended z-rest,or somtheing of your own design?

The z-rest that came with it is 60"s long. When folded it seems way to thick to use. I have read that 30" z-rest is the way to go,but that seems short for me.

I was thinking of carrying a seperate sleeping pad that would be comfortable for my old/stiff body and making a back panel. Say something like two pieces of blue closed cell foam glued together,or fan folded together so I can use it as a seat.

Just wondering what you all use. Thanks for any help.

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedJan 15, 2009 at 9:14 pm

No, it was just me typing away, then realizing I wasn't really answering your question… NM just means "no message". Sorry.

Justin Marney BPL Member
PostedJan 15, 2009 at 9:32 pm

I have a G4. I also carry a BMW TorsoLite and a full length GG ThinLight. My favorite back pad setup is to deflate my TorsoLite and put it inside the pack (not in the stretch pad holder place on the outside facing my back). I pack my sleeping bag and insulating jacket without stuff sacks into the pack which is lined with a compactor trash bag. Everything else gets packed on top of that, inside the trash bag. Once I have everything pretty well situated I put a few puffs into the TorsoLite. This provides some serious support and weight transfer. It is the most comfortable pack system I've been able to achieve. As for the ThinLight, it just goes on the top, rolled up and secured with a strap. Nothing fancy there.

PostedJan 15, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Thanks Justin,
Your idea sounds good to me. I do not have the same gear,but the concept is very practical.

Ben, Thanks for replying. You had me confused. Now everything is clear.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...